Regulate the flow of steel shot with the MagnaValve®
Benefits of a MagnaValve
- Maintenance free—no moving parts
- Cost savings from the efficient use of media and lower media disposal fees
- Many control options available to suit your application
- No risk of machine malfunction due to running out of shot during procedure
- Confidence that your product was shot peened properly
- Compliance to specifications is readily attainable
- Requires less operator time
- Available in 24 Vdc and 120 Vac models
- Works with most steel media sizes
- Environmentally responsible—conserves energy and media (less media in landfills)
- Over 32 years of proven performance in the field
- Trusted by OEMs and end-users worldwide
How the MagnaValve works
MagnaValves use a strong permanent magnet and electro-magnet design to regulate the flow of steel shot in shot peening machines. When no power is applied to the MagnaValve, the permanent magnet stops all flow. This is an important feature of the MagnaValve. If the power is interrupted for any reason, the permanent magnet in the valve securely holds the shot. With power applied, the magnetic field is neutralized and shot is allowed to flow through the valve.
There are no moving parts in the MagnaValve so there is nothing to break or wear-out. The MagnaValves for wheel blast machines may be used with amperage control (no built-in sensor) or flow control using a built-in sensor. The MagnaValves used on air type machines have a built-in sensor to show the actual shot flow rate in lbs/minute or kg/minute. MagnaValves work with cast steel shot and grit, cut wire shot and stainless steel cut wire shot.
What a MagnaValve will do for your shot peening processes
The MagnaValve will give your shot peening processes the edge you need in today’s quality-driven markets. The MagnaValve provides reliable, repetitive, and consistent shot peening and blast cleaning and you can be confident that you will always have the proper media flow rate. The MagnaValve also lets you document flow rate so you can record the data for a SPC program and quickly and easily establish or repeat a good set-up.
With this much control, compliance to military and aerospace specifications is readily attainable.
Electronics Inc. manufactures 110 Vac and 24 Vdc compatible MagnaValves. The MagnaValve’s ability to work with 24 Vdc power meets the worldwide progression toward lower voltage for safety. It also enables us to reduce the size and weight of our products, allowing the controls to fit into smaller electrical cabinets.